DEEPEN. CONNECT. ENJOY.
After years of working in the advertising industry in New York City and all the stress it brought, Dawn found yoga in 2000. It was the first time that she felt stillness in her mind and openness in her body. Dawn continued with a dedicated yoga practice to bring more peace into her life. After practicing under a master teach for eight years, Dawn discovered the depth of yoga and the 8 Limb Path. She decided that she wanted to share the gifts of yoga with as many people as possible. In 2014 Dawn received her RYT200 teaching degree in Sivananda Hatha Yoga from Lee Ann Louis Prescott E-RYT500, PhD. Dawn also enjoyed the benefits of Pilates, so much so that she became certified by Power Pilates in 2015.
Over the years, Dawn has also studied meditation and mindfulness and hosts workshops to educate students on the benefits of meditation and how to establish a daily practice. She is Reiki 2 certified and has attended numerous workshops on alignment, anatomy, Ayurveda, Ashtanga, and more.
Dawn loves to weave the spiritual messages of yoga throughout each class to help guide students deeper into their practice and into themselves. Honoring each students’ space and place, she works to meet each student where they are, on the mat. Dawn teaches a variety of classes from Pilates to Hatha and Vinyasa Flow or Restorative Yoga. Her goal is to share the gift of yoga with as many people as possible, so they too can find more peace both on and off the mat.
- ACCOMMODATION: Hotel Regina Elena: Standard room
- TRANSPORTATIONS: Private transfer from/to Florence airport to your hotel in Santa Margherita Ligure
- SERVICES: Tours as described
- MEALS: Breakfast and Dinners included – vegetarian and vegan options available
- Airfare Tax
- Travel insurance
- Other meals
- City tax on hotel – Payable at hotels directly
A non-refundable deposit of 30% is required to hold your space within November 30th, 2017. Final payment must be received by April 16, 2018
- Instructor: Dawn Thie
- Start: 6/16/18 12:00 am
- End: 6/22/18 12:00 am
- Price: USD 2,310 per person in double occupancy / USD2,980 per person in single occupancy
- Location: Santa Margherita Ligure, Metropolitan City of Genoa, Italy
La Rosa dei 4 Venti is one of the word’s best yoga retreat venues as featured in the book GREAT YOGA RETREATS published by Taschen Books.
Samacitta is delighted to be offering a yoga retreat week from JUNE 23 to 30 with Monica Marini and Katrina Johnston – June is the best month to come to Puglia – as the land and sea are still fresh and the verdant landscape is in full blossom.
The venue has been exquisitely converted from a traditional Puglian ‘masseria’ into what is now a unique and dedicated yoga holiday and retreat venue that is solely for yoga practice and meditation and holistic therapies, which comes complete with a tiny chapel, a wooden floored yoga shala and extensive grounds and beautiful accommodation in white-washed stone buildings and trulli-style white conical buildings typical to the Apulia region of Southern Italy with surrounding green views and hand-made dry-stone walls.
This 15-hectare property is situated on a small hillock in the heart of the Itria Valley in the heel of Italy’s boot with nearest international airports Brindisi and Bari.
Each bedroom is unique, full of character and comes with en suite bathroom.
The masseria comfortably accommodates 10 people with their own room or up to 16 with some sharing and some single occupancy rooms. Some bedrooms are in the main house and some in the trullis. Freedom and simplicity are at the heart of this yoga retreat space.
The landscape is scenic and rural and is dotted with beautiful olive trees and vineyards, divided by the pretty dry-stone walls. Between the lovely gardens, swimming pool, 15 hectares of grounds, including home-grown vegetables and gardens of wild woods and fields, there are iconic stone statues and sitting out places to relax and contemplate, ancient and sacred olive trees and a tiny chapel with frescoes and much sacred history, together with many places in the grounds in which to explore and to have time to be free and at one with Nature and with yourself.
There is delicious chef-cooked vegetarian food, with local produce staying true to season and to the surroundings, including traditional recipes of Puglia, served straight from farm-to-table.
The retreat chef can cater to any reasonable special dietary requirements, but she does need prior notice at the time of booking.
For booking enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.samacitta.com to see more about yoga teacher Monica Marini and bodyworker Katrina Johnston – including more about the yoga teaching style, influences and the retreat schedule. Prices from £1,175 per person.
- Instructor: Monica Marini
- Start: 6/23/18 12:00 am
- End: 6/30/18 12:00 am
- Price: Shared £1,175 p/p single occupancy £1,475
- Location: La Rosa dei 4 Venti, Strada Monti del Duca Zona, Martina Franca, Province of Taranto, Puglia, Italy
Ischia Island, 5 star Relais & Chateaux Terme Manzi
3 nights, 3-4-5 August 2018
Enjoy a few days in close contact with nature & its elements. Asana practice will be slow and invigorating and accompanied by blissful meditation both in the morning and late afternoon. Enjoy the mineral waters of the island, local fresh food, the vibrant colors of the sky and the sea, and a friendly atmosphere.
ABOUT THE TEACHER – Maria Elena Bernardi
Yoga is a mean to transformation. Body movements and conscious breath lead to a deeper awareness of the self. With awarenes, patterns can change and new habits can be established. Through yoga we realize that what seems ordinary may in fact be extraordinary. One does not have to be an expert in yoga to feel and realize wholeness. It happens at every stage of practice. Observe the bliss and rejoice.
Maria Elena studied Yoga at the University of California in San Diego with Arturo Galvez. Other teachers include Laxmi De Leo, Roberta Albert, Heather Stants, Shiva Rea, Laura Dasi, Jennie Olson, Jennifer You, Meghan Currie.
– 3 nights accommodation with breakfast at 5 star Relais & Chateaux Terme Manzi
– 2 dinners at the Relais Terme Manzi’s Ristorante-Pizzeria Gli Ulivi
– 1 dinner at a local restaurant
– 2 daily yoga practices early morning and late afternoon,
– shuttle service to and from Ischia’s port,
– entrance to the Day Spa at Manzi Spa Thermae (thermal pool, turkish bath, sauna, tiepidarium, emotional showers, open air swimming pool, gym)
– beach service (lounge chair & umbrella) in the Baia of San Montano with shuttle service.
– shuttle service to and from the center of Casamicciola, Lacco Ameno and Ischia Port (based on availability, shuttle is for up to 7 people at the time)
– wi-fi and business center
– private parking
Not included: Airfare, hydrofoil to and from the island, lunches, accommodation tax (Euro 2 per person per day to be paid locally)
Cost: $1150 per person in double room or $1550 in single room
♥ ♥ ♥ Early Bird Special: sign up by May 30th and receive $100 off!! ♥ ♥ ♥
- Instructor: Maria Elena Bernardi
- Start: 8/3/18 9:00 am
- End: 8/5/18 9:00 am
- Price: $1150 per person in double room or $1550 in single room
- Location: Ischia, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy